February 23, 2015

Motivational Monday #1

This is the time of year where it's very easy to feel a bit blah.  New Year's Resolutions are fading, the weather is cold and miserable, and it seems as though spring, and refreshed happiness with it, will never arrive. 



I've been loving Pinterest for more than just fitness this winter. I love typography, inspirational (albeit a bit cheesy) quotes plastered onto a lovely bright picture, usually in watercolor. I've dug up a few of my favorites to spread some motivation t get through the next few months and to generally spread some cheer! :) 




This quote is particularly helpful this time of year, where many of us may have given up on our New Year's resolutions. It's a gentle reminder that there are simple, small things we can do every day to better ourselves and improve our lives. I'm definitely going to start incorporating a lot of these little tasks into my daily routine, as making many small changes can be just as rewarding as making big ones. 


 I love these two quotes. They are reminders that no matter how bleak things may seem, there are always things to look forward to! If you set your sights on good things to come, it's easier to get through each day, knowing something rewarding is on it's way. I always find having something to look forward to makes stressful college applications, difficult classes, and general mundane-ness easier to bear. Whenever you're feeling less than inspired, I suggest writing down 5 things you're looking forward to. 

Right now, I'm excited for:
  1. Traveling with one of my best friends after graduation.
  2. Starting the next phase of my life, college!
  3. Bright Spring days filled with chirping birds, vibrant daffodils, and cloudless skies
  4. Trying my hand at playing tennis this spring for my school
  5. Prom
It can be easy to get caught up in the daily slog, but realizing the low points won't last forever, and that there's a whole world full of excitement, beauty, and wonder at your fingertips,  really puts it into perspective. 

xox,O