March 28, 2015

Dorm Crafting...Pinterest Inspired

As I start college next year, naturally I'm very excited to begin decorating my dorm room. Trawling Pinterest for ages has been invaluable in giving me endless ideas for decorations. My "Dorm Life" board is growing exponentially and I cannot wait to continue crafting for my humble abode. I've already done some painting on canvases to brighten up the walls, but Pinterest has been inspiring me even more lately.




Here are a few of my favorite dorm DIY decor ideas!



 One of my favorite hobbies is canvas painting. I've already recreated this lovely globe-inspired wall hanging and definitely plan on bringing it to my dorm with me! Pinterest is the perfect place for ideas for all kinds of canvas projects...
 ...including this amazing glitter chevron one! I'm a huge fan of glitter and chevron, so both together is like my ideal decoration! These look so easy and would be a great way to add some pizazz  to dull dorm walls (you could even do some in your school colors!).
 A great way of making a dorm look more put-together and homey is with photo frames. Even cheap ones from a dollar store can be spray painted to look oh-so-chic; stick some internet prints in the frames and voila! Expensive-looking wall decor for a very low cost.



No typical dorm is complete without fairy lights and pictures on a string. These are both super inexpensive and easy ways to add a bit of personal flair (and cute lighting) to your room. I love the big wooden clothespins in this picture and the polaroid template is adorable and has a vintage feel. 

Growing up with a plant enthusiast for a mother, I've always had plants around the house. I can't imagine a room with no flowers, but they can be expensive and hard to keep alive. Solution: succulents and cactuses. They'll add some life and greenery to your room, but require minimal upkeep! You can also decorate the pots to coordinate with the rest of your decorations! 

Finally, I found the perfect tutorial for a DIY headboard. I love this idea and it's a super easy way to make your dorm and your bed seem more homey and comfortable! 

What are your favorite DIY dorm decorations?

xox, O